The Company has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (“AIDEA”), a public corporation of the State of Alaska whose purpose is to support and encourage the development of Alaska’s natural resources. AIDEA has the authority to finance, develop, and own and operate facilities used in the extraction, production, and transportation of minerals and materials. AIDEA is reviewing with the Company:
- Strategies to maximize local economic benefits and job opportunities
- Potential opportunities to locate the Manufacturing Plant in Alaska
- Frameworks for AIDEA and the Company to engage cooperatively with stakeholders to incorporate their input via public meetings and consultations
- Opportunities to work cooperatively to identify activities requiring federal, state or local permitting
- Options and opportunities for AIDEA to participate in funding some of the Project facilities including the 22 mile access road and the power generating facility.